What programs are at the technical center in Jonesboro?
Last Updated: Mar 13, 2012 | 202 Views
Topics: ASUN Jonesboro
Was this helpful? 0 0
- Advanced Manufacturing (Technical Certificate) is a 10 month program in which students are instructed in use, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment in the manufacturing environment. For more information click on the Advanced Manufacturing Link .
- Emergency Medical Technican (Certificate of Proficiency) is a 10 credit hour program that will instruct the student on basic EMS procedures, procedures and action to work with the public. This is a one semester porgram and meets the requirements of the Arkansas Department of Health Divsion of Emergency Medical Services. Completion of the program will allow the student to take the National Certification Exam at their level of training. Criminal background checks are requiredfor all EMT students prior to testing.
- Industrial Maintenance (Technical Certificate) is a NEW 10 month program in which students are instructed in areas of maintenance, networking and welding. These are some of the skills needed for a Maintenance Department. For more information click on the Industrial Maintenance Link .
- Practical Nursing (Technical Certificate) is a 11 month program with a class starting in the Fall and Spring semesters. You must be selected to get into this program. The classes meet Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. More information can be found by clicking on the Practical Nursing Link . Please read the State Board of Nursing Licensing Act Background Check Act to ensure you are qualified to take the nursing license state board exams.
- Phlebotomy is an eight week program in which a student will receive training in taking blood for laboratory tests. The classes meet Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. More information can be found by clicking on Phlebotomy Link .
- Telecommunication (Technical Certificate) is a 10 month program in which students are instructed in communication technology of cable, telephone and computer networks. For more information please click on the Telecommunication Link .
- Welding (Technical Certificate) is a 11 month program. More information can be found by clicking on Welding Link .
ASUN TC-J is now offering General Education Courses. Courses being offered for the first time are:
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Writing Tutorial
- Freshman English I
- Freshman English II
- Literature Western World I
- Literature Western World II
- US Since 1876
- World Civilization to 1660
- College Math
- Intermediate Algebra
- College Algebra
- US Government
- Oral Communication