What does it mean to be on academic probation? How do you get off of academic probation?
ACADEMIC PROBATION AND SUSPENSION*
Students are placed on academic probation at the close of a Fall or Spring term in
which their cumulative grade point average falls below 2.00. Placement on academic
probation serves as an opportunity for students to confront academic challenges before
suspension. Students will be removed from academic probation at the close of the
enrollment period in which the cumulative grade point average is 2.00 or above.
To raise grade point average while on probation, students are encouraged to:
* repeat courses in which they earn a D or F
* meet with academic advisor regarding appropriate placement in courses
* evaluate self-discipline and time management
* evaluate work schedule
* consider taking 12 credit hours or less
* arrange to visit the academic success center for tutoring
*Meet eith a retention specialist